Using PowerPoint, conduct a presentation where you identify and explain a white-collar crime case/investigation story which already occurred and outline the procedures in detecting this type of fraudulent crime. Examples may include public corruption, corporate fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, election law violations, financial institution fraud, etc.
Time: 15 – 25 minutes
Total Marks: 15 marks
Guidelines: In order to conduct a good presentation, you need to:
1. Define what is a white-collar crime.
2. Identify which crime you will focus on and define it.
3. Discuss an investigative story/case for the crime which you choose.
4. Discuss the outcome of the case/story and what pieces of evidence in the case were important in solving the case.
5. Discuss the risk factors for the crime.
6. Explain how this type of fraud can be avoided.
7. Explain the procedures/methods of detecting the crime and what method was used in the case that you choose.