You have read about several contemporary issues throughout this course and there are several others that have not yet been addressed.
Select a contemporary issue in education. Below are several examples. If you have an issue you would like to choose that is not on this list or have questions about any on this list, please reach out to your instructor.
- Bullying or Cyberbullying.
Imagine that you are asked to create a lesson or training on your chosen topic. To prepare for the lesson, you first have to do some research on your topic.
You may also want to reference the following videos from LinkedIn Learning as you work on your lesson:
Write a 5–7 page paper in which you:
- Identify and define your chosen topic and explain why this is a contemporary issue in your education environment using specific examples.
- Design a lesson that addresses your contemporary issue and how you can go about addressing it in your environment, focusing on the following elements:
- Learning objectives of the lesson.
- Measurement methods used to determine learning and lesson effectiveness.
- Description of the lesson type (for example, lecture, interactive, peer learning activity, et cetera).
- Materials needed for the lesson.
- Costs and funding for the lesson.
- Use four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.