Trini Limited operates in the retail sector and is listed on the KSE. The following extract of information is available for its financial year ended 31December 20X8.
TRINILIMITED STATEMENT OFFINANCIAL POSITION FOR THE YEARENDED31DECEMBER 20X7 20X7
Issued ordinary shares of C2par value each
The correctly calculated net profit after tax amounted to C3 220 000 for 20X8 (20X7: C2 125 000)”
• On 30 April 20X8, Trini Limited issued 125 000 shares at their market value of C5 per share. Another issue of 30 000 shares took place on 30 November 20X8 at their market value of C7 per share. A further issue of 30 000 shares took place on 20 January 20X9 at their market value of C7 per share.
• Trini limited had a rights issue on 30 May 20X8, the terms of which were as follows:
• One share was offered at an exercise price of C3 for every 4 shares held on 30 May 20X8. the market price immediately before the issue was C5 per share. All shares offered were taken up.
• On 31 October 20X8, Trini Limited consolidated its shares such that every 5 shares were consolidated into 2 shares.
• An ordinary dividend of C275 000 on 30 December 20X8. On 29 December 20X7 the ordinary dividend declared was C200 000.
• There are no components of other comprehensive income.
Disclose the earnings per share in the Statement of comprehensive income and in the related note to the financial statements of Trini Limited for the year ended 31 December 20X8 in accordance with IFRS.