You will view on an oral history of more than 10 minutes. You will then write a 500-750 word essay reflection essay about the oral history you watched. Below are some suggestions for some oral histories and questions that will guide your reflection. Oral histories: Please choose one of the ones below: (Or select your own but it must be more than 10 minutes
.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZKep26LEQ (Holocaust survivor)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJ6s7ob_Dg (Holocaust survivor)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k20VFZeLKY (Pandemic of 1918)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy4xm8DtUu4 (Interview with a former enslaved person in the U.S)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Ya9D5uzXA&list=PLpAGnumt6iV4UyFCgd98wRwXazaR0oGSz&index=2 (Civil Rights)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAraOHwZzqU&list=PLpAGnumt6iV4UyFCgd98wRwXazaR0oGSz&index=8 (Civil Rights)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IV8pv7G37s (Cuban American History. This is in Spanish)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-YF677ZoMw (Cuban American History. This is in Spanish)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zFWpUUcoMA (WW2 veteran)http://webpage.pace.edu/911oralhistoryproject/index.html (9/11 Oral History)
For your Reflection Essay, please answer these questions within your essay. The assignment should be 500-750 words double-spaced, 12-inch font and uploaded to the reflection drop box. Please place your word count at the end of your essay. (10 points)Questions for reflections.
- Who was interviewed? What year? What was the subject of the interview?
- Do some research (please use citations. Do not cite wikipedia) on the event/ topic that is being discussed in the video
- What in particular made the interview successful? Where was it weak? What could have been done to make the interview stronger?
- What does hearing the person’s voice, and emotions, allow you to understand about them and the event or time period they are speaking about?
- How does it change your sense of the period or event under consideration to have learned about it from an oral history interview?
- How did you feel before and after watching this oral history?
- Please include at least FIVE open ended questions you want to ask the people you will interview.