Enterprise Fund Entries and Statements
Augusta has a municipal water and gas utility district (MUD). The trial balance on January 1,
20X1, foll o ws:
C r edit
Inventory of Supplies
Plant & Equipment
Bonds Payable, 6%
Invested in Capital Assets, Net of Related Debt
Additional Information for 20X1
1. Charges to customers for water and gas were $420,000; collections were $432,000.
2. A loan of $30,000 for two years was received from the general fund.
3. The water and gas lines were extended to a new development at a cost of $75,000. The contrac- tor was paid.
4. Supplies were acquired from central stores (internal service fund) for $12,400. Operating expenses were $328,000, and interest expense was $30,000. Payment was made for the interest and the payable to central stores, and $325,000 of the vouchers were paid.
5. Adjusting entries were as follows: estimated uncollectible accounts receivable, $6,300; depre- ciation expense, $32,000; and supplies expense, $15,200.
a. Prepare entries for the MUD enterprise fund for 20X1 and closing entries.
b . Prepare a statement of net assets for the fund for December 31, 20X1.
c . Prepare a statement of revenues, expenses, and changes in fund net assets for 20X1. Assume that the $500,000 of the 6 percent bonds is related to the net capital assets of land and of plant and equipment.
d. Prepare a statement of cash flows for 20X1.