Review the grading rubric as to how points are allotted for this assignment: Nurse Advocate paper Rubric.pdfownloadWritten APA paper worth 100 points. Be sure to follow APA 7th edition format for student papers. For your title page, use the
Your paper should be 4-6 pages (double spaced per APA) not including the title page and reference page. I encourage you to use the UWF Online Writing Lab paper reading services.
Address the following questions:
- Define “Human Trafficking”.
- What are the laws of your state in regards to healthcare provider education and reporting of human trafficking?
- What is the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in the facility where you work when suspected victims are seen? If your facility does not have anything in place what do you think would be an appropriate intervention and who would you approach in your facility to initiate such a policy?
- Does your facility have an educational program for the identification and screening of human trafficking victims? If so describe, and if not what do you think would be an appropriate intervention and who would you approach in your facility to initiate such a policy?
- Upon reflection of your own clinical experience do you think (or know) you may have come in contact with a victim of human trafficking? Describe the situation (ensuring patient confidentiality) in regards to presenting symptoms, others present with the patient, suspected behaviors, healthcare provider responses, and actions. If you do not have experience with a potential/actual victim what signs would you look for that may indicate your patient is a potential victim of human trafficking?