ACC 499 Assignment 2 Litigation, Censures, and Fines Enron and Arthur Anderson
1. Analyze the primary accounting issues which form the crux of the litigation or fine for the firm, and
indicate the impact to the firm as a result of litigation or fine. Provide support for your rationale.
2. Examine the key inferences of corporate ethics related to internal controls and accounting principles
which lead to the litigation or fine for the accounting firm.
3. Evaluate the primary ethical standards of the accounting organizations leadership and values which
contributed to approval of the accounting issues and thus created the litigation or fines in question.
4. Identify specific conduct violations committed by the organization and accounting firm in question. Next,
create an argument supporting the actions against the organization and accounting firm, based on the
current professional code of conduct for independent auditors and management accountants.
5. Make a recommendation as to how regulators and professional societies may prevent this type of
behavior in question for the future. Provide support for your rationale.
6. Use two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not
qualify as academic resources.