1. What is the difference between a note payable and an account payable?
2. Discuss the steps in processing business transactions.
3. What kinds of transactions can be recorded in a general journal?
4. Are debits or credits typically listed first in general journal entries? Are the debits or the credits indented?
5. If assets are valuable resources and asset accounts have debit balances, why do expense accounts also have debit balances?
6. Should a transaction be recorded first in a journal or the ledger? Why?